I will be joining Jack Steal for his podcast tonight. The show starts at 10:00. Be sure to listen. We have a difference of opinion on many things so it’s sure to be a fun show. I am told that Seth Stohs will also be calling in later in the show.
I haven’t had the chance to put together a decent post in a while, but I am working on a fairly in-depth report on possible closer candidates. Here are some of the biggest stories lately.
- The Twins have signed Nick Blackburn to a 4 year, $14 million contract. There is also a $8 million team option for 2014.
- On that same day the Twins also signed the rest of the players on the 4o man roster to contracts.
- The Official Hot Dog of the Twins that will be served at Target Field is Schweigert meats. There will be four different Schweigert hot dogs served throughout the ballpark.
- Single game tickets went on sale today. Interestingly enough, you cannot purchase tickets to the home opener without a season ticket plan. Tickets are expected to sell out for the entire season sometime today. Last I checked, there were still seats available. (I checked for 2 tickets to the Friday night, July 30th game against the Mariners, and I could get 2 tickets in row 28 of section 110, which are seats looking right down the 1st base line, in the lower level.)
- Joe Nathan has torn his Ulnar Collateral Ligament (UCL) and is likely to require Tommy John surgery. Nathan and the Twins plan to wait 2 weeks and see how he feels. This injury is not a wait-and-see injury, so I am clueless to what advantage this will create.
- Denard Span has signed a 5 year, $16.5 million contract with a $9 million option for 2015.
1st of all, I’d like to thank Jack Steal for letting me join him on his podcast last night. Of course, co-host Topper Anton was there as well. Thank you both. If you’d like to listen to the podcast, it can be found here.
Most of the players have reported to spring training and have begun bullpen sessions, batting practice, and now, fielding.
We have a picture of one of the new members of the double play combo taking grounders. This will be a great sight to see in 2010.
Bullpen sessions are in full force and we have plenty of pictures.